Because the Sun
- The author lives in Montreal, a hotbed for exciting, hip, young Canadian poetry.
- Because the Sun pairs two unexpected two classics, The Stranger by Albert Camus and Thelma and Louise, to consider violence under the sun.
- The author is well-connected and has been widely published in the United States and Canada.
- The author’s debut collection, Saint Twin, was well received and this follow-up is highly anticipated in the poetry community.
- Because the Sun presents pop culture through an intellectual gaze that would be appealing to a smart, young, educated audience.
- This would be a great fit next to popular American poets such as Jenny Zhang and Patricia Lockwood.