GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS Pro
A Platform Workbook
Wilpen L. Gorr, Kristen S. Kurland
Updated for ArcGIS Pro 2.4
GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS® Pro: A Platform Workbook is an introductory text for learning ArcGIS Pro, the premier professional desktop GIS application. In-depth exercises that use ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and other ArcGIS apps show readers how to make maps, how to create and analyze spatial data, and how to manage systems with GIS.
GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS Pro: A Platform Workbook engages readers in:
- Obtaining spatial data and building a GIS, including a geodatabase for collecting, editing, and processing data
- Exploring the functionalities of ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and apps; understanding the elements of map design; and creating map layouts, story maps, dashboards, and 3D maps
- Analyzing spatial data using buffers and street network-based service areas, locating facilities, and conducting cluster analysis
- Automating GIS through macros for monitoring and optimal routing of service deliveries with data input in the field using a mobile app
- Carrying out real-world applications for health care, crime, government services, planning, and marketing.
Incorporating proven teaching methods in detailed exercises, "Your Turn" sections, and expanded homework assignments, GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS Pro: A Platform Workbook is suited to learning GIS in a classroom. Wilpen L. Gorr and Kristen S. Kurland have written the top-selling GIS Tutorial 1: Basic Workbook, GIS Tutorial for Health, and GIS Tutorial for Crime Analysis.
Note: This e-book requires ArcGIS software. You can download the ArcGIS Trial at http://www.esri.com/arcgis/trial, contact your school or business Esri Site License Administrator, or purchase a student or individual license through the Esri Store.